Friday, May 23, 2014

Dash Howell

Dash Howell


Why do you like film?
I don’t know, I’ve always been really interested in it. I grew up with people in the industry. My dad was in the industry since he was 7, and so was his dad. He was a stunt man, and so is my aunt. I guess I just have a lot of family in the industry.

Do you act?
I do. I haven’t done it much. I acted a little bit when I was younger. I had a part in my dad's movie a few months ago.

Would you rather be in front of or behind the camera?
I really like both honestly. I'm starting to get more into acting so I fuss around in front of the camera. I like acting in front of people I don’t know. It's better just acting in front of complete strangers. Acting in front of my friends is weird.

What’s your favorite movie?
I can't really choose a favorite, there are so many.

Ok well than your top five.
Manhanttan Murder Mystery, Rushmore, Donnie Darko is great. Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction I guess.

Why?
The people who directed it are my favorite directors pretty much.

Who are your favorite directors?
Quentin Tarantino, Wes Anderson and Woody Allen.

Have you ever made a film?
I’ve filmed other peoples ideas but I’ve never made my own film, no. 

Which do you think is harder: filming, writing, or directing?
Well shit- writing's hard, but directing is hard too because you have to direct everyone else and instruct everyone and create a movie basically. Filming is really hard too cause you have to work with everyone else. You're working with the directors to get the right shot perfectly.

Would you like to do something in the movie industry?
Yeah, I’d love to direct and act.

Who introduced you to good movies?
I really found a lot of them by myself, but I guess close friends and my dad.

What do you think makes a good movie?
That’s also a hard question. Good directing I guess also cinematography and acting.

Are either of your parents involved in the movie industry?
My dad.




No comments:

Post a Comment